Cementitious Fire Proofing
Passive Fire Protection products (commonly referred to as Fireproofing) are used to prevent or delay the failure of steel and concrete structures exposed to fire. These materials are intended to insulate the structural members during the event of a fire, delaying any loss of the integrity of the structural members, therefore, allowing people time to leave the building and the fire-fighters necessary time to extinguish the fire without building collapse. For this reason, you need to have the best installation of this type of material.
Our expertly trained staff offers you many advantages of installations when it comes to cementitious materials. Our methods are highly effective and cost-efficient. Professionally and properly installed cementitious fireproofing is critical in the design performance of your building. All fireproofing needs to be installed in strict compliance with all building codes and manufacturer recommendations.
Palgan offers low, medium and high-density fireproofing in both Portland cement-based materials as well as gypsum-based materials. This offers a broad range of fire protection design required for steel construction. Palgan works with all the manufacturers of these types of materials including Arabian Vermiculite Industries, Isolatek International, Promat & Carboline Fireproofing.
Today, cementitious coatings remain relatively inexpensive materials for the fireproofing of facilities. Cementitious materials are well suited for environments where the substrate is not expected to be exposed to heavy vibrations and/or impacts. Choose the best installer for your project; choose the subcontractor with the most experience, one that can apply the right materials for the right situations, and in the right manner.
- Low Density Cementitious – For Concealed Steel Structures
- Medium Density Cementitious – For Internal exposed Steel Structures.
- Low Density and Medium density cementitious materials are suitable for Cellulosic Fire Protection
Industrial Buildings/Petro Chemicals
- High Density Cementitious recommended for use in petrochemical facilities, refineries, nuclear/power plants, and tunnels.
- High Density Cementitious materials are tested and developed for fire protection of external structural steel components such as tanks, support legs and saddles, pipe racks, vessel skirts, sphere legs or interior situations where higher levels of abrasion resistance are necessary.